Department Of Costume Design and Fashion
Mrs. Rinsey Antony V. A M.Sc., M.Phil., DCAD., NET., SET., is the HOD and she has 8years of mastery acquaintance. The Department constantly monitors and meets the prevailing essentiality of the industries and moulds the students with the proficiency and knowledge in latest technologies to race in the venturous business markets. The Costume Design and Fashion Course habilitates the students to qualify and expertise with the skills required to meet the growing demand in the garment industry. This course aims in developing holistic inputs on generic design with focused approach towards apparel and inculcating the ability to develop and channelize creativity.
- B.Sc Costume Design and Fashion was established as a statutory course in the year 2005.
- The core class consists of Fashion Illustration, Textile Science, Innovative Garment Designing and Construction, Visual Merchandising. Fashion Retailing, Quality Control
- The Department occupies a locale of 20,300 Sq.ft to equip the student generation with the facility for apparel designing and construction.
- TThe Department regulates under the functioning of the seven laboratories, namely Pattern making lab, Garment construction lab, and Draping lab. Textile testing lab, Dyeing and printing lab, Garment production lab, Computerized designing lab including computerized pattern making.
- Laboratories functions with imported machineries which are found in high-tech industries and also help students to gain knowledge about the industrial atmosphere.
- During the course of study, students are delegated for 12 weeks of industrial exposure training to various fashion fields like garment industries, fashion houses, luxury brand stores, CAD designing centers, fashion choreography, etc.
- As a part of Curriculum Special lectures, Industrial visits to Garment Units, Industrial Internships, Garment Fairs, Workshops, Outbound Programs, Educational tours, Fashion Shows etc., are organized to provide additional intelligence to the students.
- Value added certificate programs in sewing, pattern making and CAD is conducted in order to increase their skills required in part to meet the growing demands of garment industries worldwide.
- Various activities are conducted under 'ESTILO VIAGGIO' students' forum to flourish creativity in current fashion.
- Joined with Government Bodies to Conduct Training and Awareness programmes.
To prepare both boys and girls for the pressing demands of tomorrow keeping in mind the need to shape and mould a generation of young men and women with knowledge, character, true and genuinely cultivated spirit of service and far-reaching imagination.
- Pattern making lab
- Garment Construction lab
- Textile processing Lab
- Textile printing Lab
- Draping Lab
- Computer Aided Designing lab
- Sketching Lab