Department Of Mathematics and Statistics
Prof. Mrs.D.Maheswari M.Sc.,M.Phil.,PGDCA.,PGDAOR is the Head of the Department. She has 16 years of teaching experience. Her area of specialization is Operations Research.
- The Department of Mathematics was started in the year 1997 and under graduate programme was introduced in 2012.
- Department aims to continue to build an excellent under graduate mathematics programme by continuously improving the programme’s curriculum & continue to have good relationships with other programmes , in particular, co-ordination of mathematics with other programmes.
- To cater the needs of modern time, the department offers the Post-graduate Programme M.Sc. Mathematics with specialization in Big Data from 2015.
- M.Sc. programme is designed to equip the students with advanced level of training in Mathematics as well as to provide a rigorous exposure to Computer Science so that they can take up jobs in the software industry or can pursue their career in research and teaching in Mathematics.
- We have a dedicated team of faculty members to enrich the knowledge capacity of the students.
- The department successfully keeps up with the high-end requirements of Industry and focuses on the professional development of its students.
- Motivates the students for product development in order to meet out the expectations of the current scenario with their best performance.
- To enhance the employability skills of students, we provide Aptitude Training for all the students.
- Special training is given to all students on data analysis with SPSS (Statistical Packages for Social Science).
- As a part of Curriculum ,Special lectures, Industrial visits , Industrial training, Workshops, Outbound Programs, Educational tours, etc., are organized.
- Extra curricular activities are organized by our association “Math@matores”.
- Students can enrich their Co-curricular activities through “Math Club”.
- General employability skills like presentation skills, organizational skills, team work skills are also developed by conducting various departmental activities which help the students to get placed.