PLACEMENT TRANING SESSION
PSG OVERALL TROPHY
Department Of Information Technology
The department is headed by Dr. K. S. Jeen Marseline MCA, M.Phil, Ph.D., has been a persistent and incessant in her teaching portfolio. She has 21 years of consistent teaching experience in Computer Science stream. As an eminent subject expert, she has vibrantly published more than 16 research papers in both national and international conferences. She has strongly endeavored with her authoritative excellence by being the Controller of examinations in Sri Krishna Arts and Science College in the year 2014 as well as in Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology from 2015-2017. She has been strategically in heading the Department of Information Technology from 2009-2017 that has been genuinely accomplished. She was bestowed with the best faculty Award from the renowned CTS corporate company. Her inspiration to achieve innovative modifications in her subject expertise has made her to visit UAE and Thailand countries and update with educational upliftment. She has been an eloquent orator in both Tamil and English rhetoric. She has been a distinguished Board of Studies committee member in several colleges.
Our department aims to
- Provide knowledge of wide range of IT applications.
- Provides a good basis for learning technical, analytical, managerial knowledge and interpersonal skills.
- Students will be well equipped to meet the requirement of both industrial and commercial organizations. Technical skills such as systems analysis and design and project management provide good opportunities to progress into management and leadership positions.
- Students can obtain relevant positions in IT related fields and positions including: business analyst, team leader, software developer, system analyst, project manager, security analyst, production manager, client service network consultant and network coordinator.
- Ability to apply information technology and management theories and concepts to social, professional and civic life.
- Proficiency in the analysis of problems and opportunities to which information technologies might be applied and the development of appropriate solutions including design and use of coding languages.
- A focus is on importance of logical thinking and the need for highly developed technical skills founded in understanding contexts, principles and processes of programming.
- The curriculum is intended to help students understand the synergistic and complementary relationships among academic disciplines and their varied approaches to describing, analyzing, comprehending, interpreting, and critiquing a range of phenomena in both human cultures and the physical and natural world. In doing so, it will prepare students to apply the skills, knowledge and sense of responsibility they have gained to new settings and complex problems as engaged citizens in an interconnected world.
- Technical skills such as systems analysis and design, project management provide wide opportunities to frutile progress into management and leadership positions.
- A focus is on importance of logical thinking and the need for highly developed technical skills in understanding contexts, principles and processes of programming
- In doing so, it will prepare students to apply their skills, knowledge and sense of responsibility which they have gained to a new horizon
- To grow academically, personally and ethically