Department Of Costume Design and Fashion
Mrs.S.Geetha Margret,M.Sc., M.Phil., NET is the HOD and she has 10 years of teaching experience. The Department constantly monitors the current need of the industries and equips the students with the proficiency in latest technologies to race in the competitive job market. The Costume Design and Fashion Course trains the students to qualify with the skills required to meet the growing demand in the garment industry.
- Established in the year 2005 with B.Sc in Costume Design and Fashion
- The curriculum consists of Fashion Illustration, Textile Science, Innovative Garment Designing and Construction, Visual Merchandising. Fashion Retailing, Quality Control
- The Department is well established with 20,300 Sq.ft. state-of-the-art facility for apparel designing and construction
- The Department functions under seven laboratories, namely Pattern making lab, Garment construction lab, Drapirvg lab. Textile testing lab, Dyeing and printing lab, Garment production lab. Computerized designing lab including Computerized pattern making.
- Laboratories functions with imported machineries which are found in high-tech industries
- During the course of study, students are deputed for 12 weeks industrial exposure training to export garment industries
- As a part of Curriculum Special lectures, Industrial visits to Garment Units, Industrial Internships, Garment Fairs, Workshops, Outbound Programs, Educational tours, Fashion Shows etc., are organized
- Value added certificate programs in sewing, pattern making and CAD is conducted in order to increase their skills required in part to meet the growing demands of garment industries worldwide.
- Various activities are conducted under 'ESTILO VIAGGIO' students' forum to exhibit knowledge in current fashion
- Joined with Government Bodies to Conduct Training and Awareness programmes.
- Patternmaking lab
- Garment Construction lab
- Textile processing Lab
- Textile printing Lab
- Draping Lab
- Computer Aided Designing lab